.24) Harmony – Choosing not to engage in any form of gossip today contributes to harmony. Today, choose to see the good in others rather than finding fault.
Y’all don’t gotta wait on me, I’m still moving kinda slow, it may seem ibe dropped the ball, I have not, its just that its hard for me catching my breath. Nonviolence, with so much to do on this earth, how in the world is there any time left for fighting wars. I was a poor student, never finished school, thinking back, word wealth, world cultures, and wood shop were all that intrested me. People’s of the earth unite, the rallying cry, the central theme it seems to all alian space invaders sci fi flick’s. Fantasy, why is it that people all over the world all getting along is only just a fantasy. There always is a silver lining, ya see I had to get this handicap toilet seat, well it was a gift from my daughter, I just love it, don’t think I’m ever giving it up, now mornings, my balls ain’t smacking dirty water as I’m squeezing one out. I have a friend, a Catholic Priest, presently he is seeing an old friend of his through to his death, I was thinking, a large part of his life is spent guiding people through, I was thinking about this hard today, thinking about how large a part of his life he spends seeing humanity at its most courageous! Seriously though, once I went to church, Rev. James Cleveland’s Cornerstone Baptist Church. My friend Kenny was the music director down there, I had never seen nothing like that before, guitars, piano, bass, drums, and a full section of horns, Mothers Day, Ava Maria, Kenny had the chior going off in 5 part harmony…, sweet harmony!
on February 8, 2013 by alchemystic in American Upbeat, Comments Off
23) Prayer – “Prayer from the heart can achieve what nothing else in the world can,” said Gandhi. Begin and end the day with a prayer for peace. Let peace […]
22) Mission – “My life is my message,” says Gandhi. Write down what you want to stand for in your life. Note at least one way you can show, through […]
on January 18, 2013 by alchemystic in American Upbeat, Comments Off
21) Inspiration – Think of at least two people who exemplify the practice of nonviolence. What is it you admire about them? Practice these behaviors today so that other people […]
20) Self-forgiveness – When you judge yourself, you tend to believe that who you are is what you have done or not done, what you have or don’t have. Knowing […]
19) Acceptance – “Resentment, fear, criticism, and guilt cause more problems than anything else,” says Louise Hay. Today, choose not to judge yourself (your looks, your capabilities, your expression). See […]
18) Freedom – Civil rights activist Diane Nash said, “Freedom, by definition, is people realizing that they are their own leaders.” Take a leadership role today in your own life. […]
17) Integrity – Do the right thing. Spike Lee used these words as a title for one of his movies. When faced with a choice today, listen to your conscience. […]
16) Gratitude – On her show Oprah Winfrey frequently promotes the daily practice of gratitude. Begin the day by listing five things for which you are grateful and end it […]